Freeze-Dried Broccoli Applications and Recipe
Broccoli is a popular vegetable that is often used in a variety of dishes, from salads to stir-fries. However, fresh broccoli can be perishable and difficult to store for long periods of time. This is where freeze-dried broccoli comes in. Freeze-dried broccoli is a versatile and convenient ingredient that can be used in a wide range of applications. In this article, we will explore the different ways in which freeze-dried broccoli can be used and provide a unique recipe for you to try.
Applications of Freeze-Dried Broccoli
- Snacks: Freeze-dried broccoli is a great healthy snack option that can be eaten on its own or added to trail mix. It is light, crunchy, and packed with nutrients.
- Soups and stews: Freeze-dried broccoli can be rehydrated and added to soups and stews for a nutritious and flavorful addition.
- Pasta and rice dishes: Freeze-dried broccoli can be added to pasta and rice dishes for a pop of color and added nutrients.
- Salad toppings: Freeze-dried broccoli can be crushed and used as a topping for salads, adding a crispy texture and a boost of flavor.
Recipe: Broccoli and Cheese PuffsIngredients:
1 cup freeze-dried broccoli
1 cup water
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add the freeze-dried broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until rehydrated.
- Drain the broccoli and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour, salt, and pepper, and whisk until smooth.
- Slowly add the milk, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens and becomes smooth.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the grated cheddar cheese until melted.
- Add the rehydrated broccoli to the cheese mixture and stir until well combined.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and then add them to the cheese and broccoli mixture.
- Spoon the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, making 8-10 small mounds.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the puffs are golden brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy!